8th Grade Correspondants

8th grade students are currently writing penpal letters to our friends at Collège Marc Chagall.  Click on the link in the Blogroll to see what their website looks like.  I know it’s in French, but you can enjoy the pictures of their school and see what you can understand through the website.   Check the trivia questions for a question relating to Marc Chagall.

11 thoughts on “8th Grade Correspondants

1. That’s cool my brother did that one year with a guy in France if i choose french over spanish i would look forward to do penpals!

2. I am super excited to get a letter back from my pen pal. I can’t wait to see what they write back! this is going to be great to be able to write with french students.

3. Hi !

Your letters arrived this morning just for the last day before our fall break!
    My students were so surprised and so excited (I had not told them anything!). Of course, the first questions were: “When are we going to the US?” and ‘When are they coming to visit us?”!!
    We were particularly touched with the brochures, the postcards, the shell, the sand and the pebbles (unfortunately the ornament was broken but I have managed to ‘save’ all the sand and I’ll try to find a transparent box to put it in it and then on my desk so that my students will think about you every time they have an English lesson!).
    Each student immediately started to write a rough draft of the letter they are going to send. It was far from being quiet in the classroom!!! I got lots of questions from my students! But it was so nice to see them motivated with a very concrete task!
    I hope I can post their letters mid November: right now we have our 10-12 day fall break (school starts again on November 4), then I need a couple of days to correct their rough drafts. We’ll try to do our best!

Thank you very much again!
    Miss Watson and I hope that this experience will be fruitful!

Miss HAQUET

4. I can’t wait until the send letters back. Maybe some one will say there plump. 🙂 I wish I could find my pen pal on Facebook…