The French Students Have Arrived

They’re here! Saturday night, 18 French students from Mélun, France arrived with two teachers to spend the week with DY students.  I was excited to see them and they are excited to be here.
Thursday, I plan to have 8 of them at school for the day.  All of my 7th and 8th grade students should get to meet them.

What will you talk to them about?  What will you ask them?  Is there anything special you want to show them?

35 thoughts on “The French Students Have Arrived

1. WOW! Today was such an amazing day! I had an absloute blast talking to them! I couldn’t believe how well they spoke English!! If I go to DY during my senior year, I would really love to be able to go to Paris! It was really fun testing my French skills, and turning back to all the vocabulary sheets! I wish we could do that again !!!!! <3(:

2. im going to be bringing a french magazine on day 5 for exra credit then after that class a hat that my neighbor who is from france

3. when they came all the french we learned left my mind…i was embarrased when they couldn’t understand me

4. I loved talking to them! I was in awe about how much English they spoke! And also how much American things they knew like songs, movies and TV shows!

5. I would totally want to know what they do for free time, and if they like to do the same things as us.

6. I got to meet some of them!They were really nice and It was cool to hear them speak with their french accent. J’adore!

7. I want to go to France someday, partly because I really want to test my french out and talk to some french people because I didn’t meet the ones who came here

8. It was a cool experience to meet the french people. I would love to go to france someday.