Encore Bonhomme

I don’t know who these people are with Bonhomme, but I thought it was a good picture showing what he really looks like.  I like Julie’s suggestion that he kind of looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.  I wonder if he giggles if you squeeze him 🙂

18 thoughts on “Encore Bonhomme

1. Bonhomme is so funny looking. I wish I could see it in real life. To me, it looks like a snowman mixed with an elf who is secretly being tickled. That’s why it smiles so much. It looks like someone who would be fun to hang out with. LoL!

2. He does sort of look like the Pillsbury doughboy, except he is winter-ized. If he did giggle when you squeezed him he would be like a giant toddlers toy(e.g. tickle-me-Elmo), and that would be a little weird. But maybe if you lived in Quebec and had grown up knowing Bonhomme and what he looked like, he wouldn’t have seemed that creepy.

3. hey miss watson I wondering if you knew why they came up with bonhomme? It would be really cool but akward meeting him. Have you ever met him?

– valerie

4. Valerie, I don’t know why they came up with Bonhomme as the symbol of carnavale in Quebec City. It makes sense to me that it would be a snowman since it’s so snowy in February but I don’t know why he looks like he does. Maybe someone could do a little research and earn a little more extra credit 🙂

5. i think bonhomme is the carnival mascot because hes so housing. also he does look like the phillsbary macot. i think some should do some reseach -p

6. He does look liek the pillsbury dough boy! hes kinda of creppy though. I think it would be awkward to meet himm.

7. Bonjour, i was searching up the bonhomme and i found out that it was the key figure in the canival since 1955. Bonhomme is the celebrity personality of the carnival. He embodies the spirit and french traditions of the annual celebration. I also found ot that the red hat and red fringe belt was to represent early french canadian history. that was as much as i could find out about bonhomme. i just love his red hat its so cute.

Au Revoir

8. no problem i was bord so i went on the internet and thought it would be cool to look up bonhomme. Actually i had fun looking him up it was fasinating the things i found out about him and the carnival.