Musket Loading Teachers

Isn’t this a funny picture?  Doesn’t Mlle. Watson have a slightly evil grin?  Mme. Olander, Mlle. Watson, Mme. Walker and Mme. Mason were caught trying to race each other in the musket loading competition at the Maison de la Decouverte in Quebec City.   Mme. Mason is cut out of this thumbnail but if you click on it, you will see her!  It’s a hard task with lots of steps and the pressure is on when the whole group is watching and taking pictures!  I can’t imagine how they did it back in the days when this is how they really fought battles!

12 thoughts on “Musket Loading Teachers

1. Nice picture! You totally won though Mlle. Watson. It was really hard to do all those steps and back then soldiers were expected to do it in less than 20 seconds! I would be a very bad soldier.

2. haha! i remember doing that i have some great pictures of it from when we went. i’ve also seen a video someone took of the fake 16th century surgery that the actor did on that girl from wixon. It was so funny! i hope i can go to Quebec again sometime.

3. Those guns look heavy! Good thing we have more advanced guns or we would have a lot more dead soldiers. If I were trying to load the gun I probably drop the gun and shoot myself in the foot or something.

4. Wow , that really is funny!! i didnt know that Mme.Olander went to Quebec with u guys!
    I think if i were in battle back then i would die trying to load one !

5. That was funny!!!!! I don’t think I wouldn’t have been a good soldier well, I couldn’t back then because I’m a girl 🙁 🙁

6. I remember this. I could never forget standing up there in front of everyone and loading the musket, it was kind of embarrassing for me 😛
    The teachers and you were really funny when you guys raced to load the guns.

7. wow you do look like you have an evil grin that must of been so much fun did alkids that went get to try of to load the musket (i’m in 6 grrade so i did’nt go so i don’t know)?